Assisting With Your Estate Planning Needs
Estate planning is about more than deciding who should receive your assets when you die. It is also about protecting the people you love from the unexpected.
The law firm of Steffens & Rasmussen in Edina has considerable experience both in estate planning and in probate proceedings in both Minnesota and tribal courts. Our lawyers represent clients of all income levels and ages.
An estate plan consists of a number of legal documents to help you meet your goals, which may include minimization of taxes, protection of assets from creditors and predators, and protection of beneficiaries.
The following are examples of estate planning documents:
- A last will and testament to determine how your assets will be distributed and who will be responsible for administering your estate.
- Trusts to help you meet specific goals, such as minimizing taxes or providing assets to a person who receives governmental assistance.
- Powers of attorney to determine who should make decisions for you if you are incapacitated.
- Advance heath care directive to determine who should make medical decisions for you if you cannot communicate for yourself.
- A living will to determine your wishes regarding specific medical treatments or artificial life support if you are in a terminal condition with no hope of recovery.
Let Us Guide You Through The Estate Planning Process
We offer a free initial consultation in person or over the telephone to answer your questions about estate planning. To schedule an appointment with an attorney, call 952-373-4534 or complete our contact form.